ElectraCOOL™ TCP50™ Cold Plate
Wonderfully versatile, our cold-plates perform all sorts of useful functions. The popular TCP50™ Cold-Plate has a four inch (100mm) square surface and takes less than 10 minutes to reach the freezing point, in a 68 ºF (20 ºC) ambient.
Compact, easy to use, reliable and affordable it’s a must for the lab. With no refrigerants or gases, it's also environmentally friendly.
TCP50™ may be used for either cooling or warming. In an ambient temperature of 68 ºF (20 ºC), and with no active load, the surface temperature will drop to about 5 degrees below freezing. Alternatively, the surface can safely be used for warming up to 175 ºF (75 ºC).
For applications that require temperature control, the TCP50™ can be connected to a temperature controller, like the TLK38-S. With PID control, and an auto-tuning function, this controller can provide a stable temperature that varies by less than 1/3 ºC.
TCP50™ is used in a wide variety of laboratory, calibration, test - quality control, electro-optic/laser and research applications. Typical medical/biomedical applications include sample cooling or temperature stabilization, tissue preparation, histology, cold & hot dry wells, pain/nerve research and work with cultures.
With a 100mm square surface, the TCP 50 will accommodate Petri dishes up to 100mm but 80mm seems ideal for temperature uniformity.
While typically used on a laboratory or work table the TCP50™ may be mounted in any orientation. Many customers have used multiple units to "sandwich" (or surround) an item requiring cooling from two or more sides.
The cold-plate can be customized or fabricated for customer specific applications such as mounting sensors or optics packages. The plate is 6063 aluminum with a black anodized finish. Contact us for a machining quotation if you need ten or more TCP50s.
Mouse-over for enlargment
If you need a larger surface area see our 4 x 8" TCP100.
- Operating Temperature Range = 21 ºF (-6 ºC) to 175 ºF (75 ºC)
- Cooling Capacity = 50 watts with 68 ºF (20 °C) ambient air and no load
- Heating Capacity = 80 watts with 68 ºF (20 °C) ambient air
- Voltage Nominal = 12V D.C.
- Voltage Max = 15V D.C.
- Current at 12V D.C. = 6.8 amperes (with standard fan)
- Control Accuracy = ± 0.2 °C with TLK38S or suitable controller
- Cooling Fan = Brushless, Nominal 12 V D.C. (Waterproof fan available $40)
- Dimensions: 4” x 4” x 3 3/4” (100 x 100 x 95mm)
- Weight: 1 lbs. 15 oz. (0.9Kg.)
- Made in the United States
- Highly Reliable (Maintenance limited to fan repair or replacement)
- Attractive and functional design
- Easily adaptable to your needs
- Quick and easy installation
- Immune to vibration
- Reversible (cools or heats)
- Temperature Control Available
- Operation in any Orientation
- Reasonably Compact Size with Small Footprint
- Very quiet with the only sound coming from the fan
- Environmentally Friendly (No gases or refrigerant lines - no CFCs - no leaks)
- RoHS Compliant
Exports are generally shipped FedEx collect.
USPS International Express and Priority Mail available Pre-Paid.
For assistance contact: email@example.com
TCP50™ Cold-Plate $295-
FREE shipping in USA
TCP50™ Cold-Plate Set $499-
FREE shipping in USA
When you purchase an ElectraCOOL™ Cold-Plate Set, we've taken care of setting things up. Simply plug-in and your cold-plate is ready work. The default surface temperature is 4 °C (39 °F) however, we are happy to program and calibrate to a different set-point. Please advise and allow 2 days for modifications and test.
After set-up is complete most customers place the power supply and controller off the bench. The length of the wiring is 36” (90 cm) from the cold-plate to the supply.
Quantity and international buyers please contact us for a quotation, or to place your order: firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 888-2467.
TLK38-S Temperature Controller with PID
- Tested and calibrated to your set-point (other than +4 °C). This service is free - please allow 2 business days.
- "L" Brackets For Mounting the cold-plate In Any Orientation Or Flush Mounting In A Table - $6
- Power supply mounting hardware. Clean up your working area! We’ll ship the power supply ready to be mounted in any orientation with four brackets - $6
TCP50 SET WITH SIMPLE TO OPERATE Z31-A TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER - $425- (To order contact email@example.com)